E.J. Rabell, Jr.
Chief Financial Officer
E.J. Rabell, Jr., was born in Miami and raised in Gainesville, Florida, before moving to Charlotte with Laura and their dog, Rusty, in 2006. His father was born in Cuba, and his mother is a native Floridian.
E.J. attended the University of Florida in Gainesville and received his bachelor’s degree in business administration from the Warrington College of Business in 2004. He began his financial services career at MetLife in Pensacola, Florida, and transitioned to wealth management upon moving to Charlotte. He had the privilege of working for one of the top Registered Investment Advisory firms in the Carolinas, Defender Capital.
E.J., named Enrique Jose after his father, served Defender Capital as Relationship Manager and later as Junior Partner, gaining experience in all facets of the financial services industry, including asset management and financial planning. In 2014, he stepped off of the partnership track at the firm to invest more of his time in running Rabell Creative.
When he is away from work, E.J. enjoys staying active, travel, music, photography, reading and being involved in the local community, including:
- Board of Trustees, Greater Carolinas Chapter of the National MS Society
- Co-Chair, Great Gatsby Gala benefitting the MS Society
- Board Member, MS Movers & Shakers
- Table Captain & Volunteer, The Relatives of Alexander Youth Network
- Member, The Good Fellows of Charlotte
- F3 Participant (Patty)
- Past Community Development Chair, Charlotte Junior Chamber Board of Directors
- Past Committee Member, Relay for Life of Mecklenburg County